Welcome to Construction Quality Knowhow.
Construction Quality Knowhow (CQK) provides practical and easy-to-use information to help anyone working in construction:
- Deliver right the first time
We include practical examples, tips and things to watch out for as well as free templates to download.
You can access information on your area of interest by clicking on the relevant button below:
You can also access information on specific topics:
- Why should ‘Quality’ be important to the Construction Industry?
- Annex SL
- Quality management system
- Quality manuals and quality plans
Managing construction quality (General)
- CDM Regulations: a quality perspective
- Stakeholder Management
- Collaboration: a quality management perspective
Projects Quality Management (Specific): Pre-Construction
Projects Quality Management (Specific): Design
Projects Quality Management (Specific): Construction
Projects Quality Management (Specific): Completion and Handover
Project Quality Management (Specific): Post Completion
- Inspection and test plans (ITPs)
- How to write an inspection and test plan
- Inspection and test plan template
- 5 Why’s
Technical information: a quality perspective
- Structural steelwork: a quality perspective
- Lifts and escalators: a quality perspective
- The importance of welding assurance
Becoming an author/reviewer
We are always on the lookout for authors and reviewers who will help us create more content . If you are interested in becoming an author and/or a reviewer, you can find out more here.
Additional background information about the Construction Quality Know-how can be found here.
The CWG also publishes articles on the Designing Buildings Wiki website.